1. Groover , A , Geddis, C , Finney, A , Charleston, SC . Recent Hematoxylin Shortage and Evaluation of Commercially Available Substitutes..
2. Titford , M . "The long history of hematoxylin." Biotechnic & Histochemistry 80(2): 73-8, 2005
3. Lillie , RD . "The hematoxylin shortage and the availability of synthetic substitutes." THe american journal of medical technology 40(11): 455, November 1974
4. Dapson , R , Horobin, RW , Kiernan , J . "Hemotoxylin shortages: their causes and duration, and other dyes that can replace hemalum in routine hematoxylin and eosin staining." Biotechnic & Histochemistry 85(1): 55-63, January 2010
5. Al-Tikritti, SA , Walker, F , Anthocyanin, BB . " A nuclear stain substitute for haematoxylin." Journal of clinical pathology. 31(2): 194, February 1978
6. Basella Rubra, L. . (2015, November 30). Alugbati/Malabar Nightside/Spinach Vine: Philippine Medicinal Hebrs/Philippine Alternative Medicine. Staurtxchange.com.
7. Pumchausuan, T , Wongroung, S . "In vitro propagation of Ceylon spinach Basella rubra L." Asian Journal Of Food & Agro-industry 31, S36, August 2009
8. Ferreira Ozela, E , Stringheta, PC , Cano Chauca, M . "Stability of anthocyanin in spinach vine (Basella rubra) fruits. " Ciencia e investigación agraria 34(2): 115-20, August 2007
9. Zhang, MR , Zhang, H , Zhu, HD , Wang, RR , Wei, Y . "The study of basella rubra red" China Food Additives 1, 17, 2010
10. Yifei , Z , Tiezhu , H , Peijun, W , Wenchun, L , Minghua, Y . "Comparison of morphology and microstructural componnets of hepatic portal vein between human and pig." Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Medical Sciences) 25(4): 419-22, August 2005
11. Vilei, MT , Granato, A , Ferraresso, C , Neri , D , Carraro, P , Gerunda, G , Muraca, M . "Comparison of piug, human and rat hepatocytes as a source of liver specific metabolic functions in culture systems--implications for use in bioartificial liver devices " The International journal of artificial organs 24(6): 392-6, June 2001
12. Cooksey, C . "Hematoxylin and related compounds-an annotated bibliography concerning their origin, properties, chemistry, and certain applications." Biotechnic & Histochemistry 85(1): 65-82, January 2010
13. Myers, R . The Basic Chemistry of Hematoxylin.. Leica Biosystems Luettu, 2011.
14. Cruz, Rogelio . (2006, November 30). Basella Rubra (Alugbati) And Dioscorea Alata Linn.: Potential Histologic Stains For Human Tissue. Herdin.ph.
15. Carleton, H M, E, A Wallington. Carleton. New York. 1967. Oxford University Press,
16. Lillie , RD , Pizzolato, P , Donaldson, PT . "Hematoxylin substitutes: a survey of mordant dyes tested and consideration of the relation of their structure to performance as nuclear stains." Stains technology 51(1): 25-41, January 1976
17. Phoescheh , F , Arkush, AS . "Metallic lakes of the oxazines (gallamin blue, gallocyanin and coelestin blue) as nuclear stain substitutes for hemotoxylin " Stain Technology 3(1): 28-38, January 1928
18. Bkowska-Barczak, A . Acylated anthocyanins as stable, natural food colorants-a review. .
19. Amon, MFL , LP, Pladio . Potential food Colorant From The Extracts Of Alugbati (Basella Rubra L.). Corfu, Greece: Eurasia 12 Conference on Chemical science, 2012. 16-21
20. Deshmukh, SA , Gaikwad, DK . A review of the taxonomy, ethnobotany, phytochemistry and pharmacology of Basella alba (Basellaceae).
21. "Hemotoxylin Safety Data Sheet" Leica Biosystems , 2015-October 2016
22. Kavet, R , Nauss, KM . "The toxicity of inhaled methanol vapors" Critical Reviews in Toxicology 21(1): 21-50, January 1990
23. El-Shishtawy, , Reda, M . "Functional dyes, and some hi-tech applications" International Journal of Photoenergy , 2009
24. Bancroft, JD , Layton, C . The Hematoxylin and eosin. Theory & Practice of histological techniques. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone of El Sevier, 2013. 173-214
25. Reifschneider , O , Wehe, CA , Diebold , K , Becker, C , Sperling, M , Karst, U , Wehe, CA , Diebold , K , Becker, C , Sperling, M , Karst, U . "Elemental bioimaging of haematoxylin and eosin-stained tissues by laser ablation ICP-MS" Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry 28(7): 989-93, 2013
26. Reifschneider , O , Wehe, CA , Diebold , K , Becker, C , Sperling, M , Karst, U , Wehe, CA , Diebold , K , Becker, C , Sperling, M , Karst, U . "Elemental bioimaging of haematoxylin and eosin-stained tissues by laser ablation ICP-MS" Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry 28(7): 989-93, 2013
27. Dapson , RW . Dye Quality and Implications for Biomedical Staining. Education Guide Special Stains and H & E Second Edition: 2010. 44
28. Dapson , RW . Dye Quality and Implications for Biomedical Staining. Education Guide Special Stains and H & E Second Edition: 2010. 44
29. Luna, LG . "The quality control dilemma in Histotechnology: A possible answer" Histologic 21(3): 245-50, 1991
30. Adhikari, R , Naveen Kumar, HN , Shruthi, SD . "A review on medicinal importance of Basella alba L." International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research 4(2): 110-4, 2012
31. Fossen , T , Cabrita, L , Andersen , OM . "Colour and stability of pure anthocyanins influenced by pH including the alkaline region " Food Chemistry 63(4): 435-40, December 1998
32. Kumar, S , Prasad, AK , Iyer, SV , Vaidya , SK . "Systematic pharmacognostical, phytochemical and pharmacological review on an ethno medicinal plant, Basella alba L." Jounal of Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy 5(4): 53-8, April 2013
33. Reshmi, SK , Aravindhan, KM , Suganyadavi , P . "The effect of light, temperature, pH on stability of betacyanin pigments in basella alba fruit " Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 4(3): 107-10, 2012
34. Oloyede, FM , Oloyede, FA , Obuotor, EM . "Comparative studies of chemical compositions of two species of Basella " Journal of applied science reports3 2, 121-4, 2013
35. Mundo, L , Gorospe, KJ , Lorilla , L , Serquina, AK , Torres, E . "The feasibility of Basella rubra L. as a biological stain" Bato Balani Sophomore 96(14): 16-8, 1995
36. Metivier, RP , Francis , FJ , Clydesdale, FM . "Solvent extracttion of anthocyanins from wine pomace" Journal of Food Science 45(4): 1099-100, July 1980
37. De Leon, M , Latoza, AG , Nues, A , Pilac, MR , Sistoza, C . Methanolic Fruit Extract of Basella rubra: Organic Stain For Hematologic Blood Smear.
38. Fuleki, T , Francis , FJ . "Quantitative Methods for Anthocyanins " Journal of food science 33(3): 266-74, May 1968
39. Revilla , E , Ryan, JM , Martin-Ortega, G . "Comparison of several procedures used for the extraction of anthocyanins from red grapes " Journal of Agricultural of Food Chemistry 46(11): 4592-7, November 1998
40. Rodriguez-Saona , LE , Wrolstad, RE . Extaction, Isolation, and purification of anthocyanins. Current protocols in food analytical chemistry , 2001.
41. Co, NL . The Potential Use Of Ripe Basella Rubra (Alugbato) and Biva Arellana (Atsuete) Seeds Extract As A Stain For Paraffin-Embedded Animal Tissues. Herdin.ph, 2016.
42. Ishikawa, M , Ahi, ST , Kimura, F , Yamaguchi, M , Nagahashi , H , Hashiguchi, A , Sakamoto, M . "Segmentation of sinusoids in hematoxylin and eosin stained liver specimens using an orientation-selective filter." Open Journal of Medical Imaging 3(4): 144, December 2013
43. Rolls, G , Farmer , N , Tarbet, F . Assesing the Quality of Tissue Processing and the Performance of Peloris using the Leica Microsysytems Scoring System. Leica Microsystems: 2008.